Thursday, October 16, 2008

Today

My friend tells me that she did NOT understand my last post. Never fear, my sweet friend, I think you got it more than you realized. The idea of the previous post was just how confusing all these words we use can be. So, if by the end of it you were confused, you got it!

Today, let's simplify.

Here are a couple of sentences from a Bible study I'm working on (Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer)
The Enemy's discouraging voice tells us what we could do "if."
The voice of God tells us what we should do NOW.

The Enemy's voice will focus on the past and the future while the voice of our God will focus on today. He is the God of right now
.

Today, what do you think about that?

Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:1-2

1 comment:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I think that is true. God wants us to obey and live in the moment...Satan wants us to get our eyes off of reality (the now) & dwell on the past & 'wish" for tomorrow thus doing nothing about today!