Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Mother of all Fiesta Platters

OK. It's confession time. I have done something absolutely crazy. It's something big. I mean really BIG.

We got on the interstate this morning and drove an hour south to a place we don't travel to much. We were just looking for a change of scenery.

We did a little shopping at a store we don't have where we live. Scott got a new pair of socks.

I bought the biggest Fiesta platter ever made. I had never seen a Fiesta dish of this size...and I've even been to the factory where it's manufactured. But when I saw it, I had to have it. I just couldn't go home without it. It cost me almost a week's salary. Well, not quite - it was on sale and then I got an extra % off coupon. Still, I paid way too much for a dish that will be on display way more than it will ever be used for containing food.

I'll have to put it on the dining room table because I have no where else to store it. It's so big it won't fit anywhere else. It might actually get a little more use if it's actually out on the table. Except, now that I spent all my money on the dish, we're going to be eating nothing but peanut butter sandwiches for a while.


That's a LOT of peanut butter sandwiches.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:16

2 comments:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Love it and peanut butter sandwiches too! :)

Anonymous said...

GLORIOSKY! What a fish! How's my little sis doing?