Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yes, bliss and blisters

My husband and I are leaving tomorrow (Thursday) for a little weekend mini vacation. Our wedding anniversary is Saturday. Twenty-two years. Wow. I keep telling him that’s longer than I’ve ever done anything else in my entire life.

This past weekend I was looking at some pictures from those early years. I said out loud, “We look so-o-o-o-o young!” And then I began thinking to myself, being so young, how in the world did we know what we were doing?

Truth is, I don’t think we really had a clue.

But God knew. God knew we would get to this point of twenty-two years full of wedded bliss and blisters. It has taken both toughness and tenderness to hold us together.

Yes, God knew. And He is probably smiling right now about what He knows about the next twenty two years. I can hardly wait. :-)


See y’all next week.


If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Philippians 2:1-2

1 comment:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Happy Anniversary! We have been married 30 years. What a blessing :)Enjoy your trip.